Pointed Gourd /Potol Dessert~
Special treat for our Bengali new year.......which is on the way :)
- 2 liters of milk,
- 250 g of peels & seeded potols,
- 1 tablespoon of shredded almond,
- 1 tablespoon of shredded pistachio,
- 1 pinch of soda,
- 1½ tablespoon of rosewater,
- ¼ teaspoon of saffron,
- for syrup (1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of water ).
Instructions for stuffing:
- At first bring 2 liters of milk into simmer and then covert it into 1 liter of dense milk over low heat.
- Then stir it continuously over medium heat and pour the ½ portion of almond & pistachio.
- When it is thick and gluey; take it out and keep aside for cool.
- At first soak the saffron in the rose water.
- Then boil the water in a pan and pour the soda and potols and stir it very well and cook it for 3-4 minutes. Then take it out and strain.
- Now cook the sugar and water and make the sugar syrup and pour the potols on the syrup and cook for 8-10 minutes over medium heat. Take it out when boiled and keep aside for cool.
- Now pour the stuffing and sprinkle the soaked saffron and remaining almonds & pistachio in each potols accordingly.
- Lastly serve the potol dessert and enjoy.